Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 03

 We are back with the Unity tutorials as usual!

This week we went more in depth with coding. We added enemies, danger zones and more!

I will admit I got stuck at some parts of this tutorial and I had to go and look up solutions for the issue I had. Now it was very easy and I felt stupid for not realizing sooner. The issue I had is finding the "CollectibleHealth". Moving on from my frustration, going through the this weeks tutorial is making the game feel more like a game with the obstacles and enemies. 

One thing I am really curious how it will work is the water/lakes in the game I wonder is there will be animations of either swimming or drowning. Also the vent makes me wonder if you can use it the same way you can in the very popular game "Among Us". As in you can hide in them. 

My game looks like this so far!

This is a screenshot of my work.

If any of you are doing the same tutorial please share with my how your getting on by commenting on my post!

I will see you later on the week with my reading task!

Thank you,

Denis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To Someone

 Welcome back! So today I will introduce myself. Talk about things I like doing and things I don't. Well, I'm 20 years young, my nationality is Irish but I have Romanian parent. I never know what to answer when people ask me where I'm from as I have an accent, so I just say "I'm a foreign Irish person". I'm a big fan of sports (NOT FOOTBALL). My favourite sports at this moment are boxing, golf, surfing and the gym. I've done boxing for 5 years but stopped as I wanted to gain size and boxing had way too much cardio in it. So I joined the gym and I'm addicted to the gym. I train 6 days a week and my weekly gym plan is Push, Pull, Leg day and repeat. During my Push days I train chest, triceps and shoulders as to train those muscles you do exercises that involve a push motion. For Pull day I train my back, biceps and forearm as those muscles involve a pull motion to train them. And, leg day is just legs (LEAST FAVOURITE DAY IN THE GYM). The rest of the...

Unity Tutorial 06

 Hi all, Today we have done our second last tutorial of Unity! This week we have added in a health bar for our player and a new character. The bar looks great and I was happy to learn how to do one. I am glad I got to do one and see how it works. Screenshot of my own work. The bar was very simple to do compare to what I thought it would be like. I am very happy to be one week away from finishing the Unity tutorials.  I struggle with the animations to get it right so that took me quite a while to do for my new character but I managed it at the end! This is the first game that really feels like a game from all Unity tutorials we have completed so far.  I will see you all next week when I get to finish up this game! Thank you, Denis.

Reading 09

Hi all. This week we have focused on fixing our papers. This was challenging as I find it hard write academically. I am glad to get the chance to improve my writing. For this week I have rewritten my introduction and conclusion as I believe they weren't good. I also fixed up my paragraphs where I found mistakes.  I am pretty happy with how it is at this moment and I am happy to continue on with my weekly tasks after Easter break. I hope everyone will enjoy this break as we all need it. Thank you, Denis.