Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 05

 Hi, it's me again! With another Unity tutorial.

This week I have done 3 tutorials based on the same game to complete it. In this game you run and try jump over obstacles as you come across them. If you hit one of them, is game over. 

I learned some new thing doing this tutorial. Such as adding animations as the player hits off the obstacles, running and jumping. This was really fun to do and pleasing to finish. We had the option to choose the background, player and obstacle. I really like cities so I went with a city background, a construction work and a traffic cone to match the player. This is how my choices looked together.

This is an original screenshot of my work

I ran into one issue doing this tutorial that I couldn't figure out. That was that the traffic cone is in the air. I couldn't get it to sit on floor level although I followed every step of the tutorial.
Overall the tutorial was pretty fun to do but very long and stressful at times. Now I feel ready to get started on creating my own game!
Thats it from me. I will see you soon,
Denis.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 06

 Hi all, Today we have done our second last tutorial of Unity! This week we have added in a health bar for our player and a new character. The bar looks great and I was happy to learn how to do one. I am glad I got to do one and see how it works. Screenshot of my own work. The bar was very simple to do compare to what I thought it would be like. I am very happy to be one week away from finishing the Unity tutorials.  I struggle with the animations to get it right so that took me quite a while to do for my new character but I managed it at the end! This is the first game that really feels like a game from all Unity tutorials we have completed so far.  I will see you all next week when I get to finish up this game! Thank you, Denis.

Introduction To Someone

 Welcome back! So today I will introduce myself. Talk about things I like doing and things I don't. Well, I'm 20 years young, my nationality is Irish but I have Romanian parent. I never know what to answer when people ask me where I'm from as I have an accent, so I just say "I'm a foreign Irish person". I'm a big fan of sports (NOT FOOTBALL). My favourite sports at this moment are boxing, golf, surfing and the gym. I've done boxing for 5 years but stopped as I wanted to gain size and boxing had way too much cardio in it. So I joined the gym and I'm addicted to the gym. I train 6 days a week and my weekly gym plan is Push, Pull, Leg day and repeat. During my Push days I train chest, triceps and shoulders as to train those muscles you do exercises that involve a push motion. For Pull day I train my back, biceps and forearm as those muscles involve a pull motion to train them. And, leg day is just legs (LEAST FAVOURITE DAY IN THE GYM). The rest of the...

Reading 09

Hi all. This week we have focused on fixing our papers. This was challenging as I find it hard write academically. I am glad to get the chance to improve my writing. For this week I have rewritten my introduction and conclusion as I believe they weren't good. I also fixed up my paragraphs where I found mistakes.  I am pretty happy with how it is at this moment and I am happy to continue on with my weekly tasks after Easter break. I hope everyone will enjoy this break as we all need it. Thank you, Denis.