Skip to main content

Game Brainstorm

 Hi there!

Today I came up with 4 game ideas. I never thought of cresting a game so coming up with a game idea I had to brain storm some things. Such as, what type of games I like playing and what I want my game to have. 

So, I like competitive games. I want my game to have a competitive side to it whether thats a score or skill. I want my game to have that competitive side to it as I think it makes the game more engaging and I believe it makes people go back to the game to get a better score. 

Training Shooting Game

My first idea is a training shooting game. So this game will be based on skill. This idea came in my mind as I used to play CS:GO a lot and I used to always "warm up" by playing on maps made by other people to train. I want to make a game that you can just go on and prefect your aim on. I want this game to be as simple as possible. I don't want to player to move around. I want the player to stay in one place and practice only using their mouse by targets flowing in the air. One example I found is 3daimtrainer. I think this game looks great for practicing. I like how simple the game looks but how effective it is.

Boxing Simulator

This game idea mainly came from my own experience with boxing. Boxing is my favourite sport, so I thought creating a game that basically teaches you the basic punches and defence techniques would be a good idea. Yes, I know this is not a competitive game at all but in my opinion I think it would interesting and fun to create. I want this game to be a third person view and practicing on a boxing bag. 

Image take off google from here.

This type of view but the person in blue would be a boxing bag not a person. Now this isn't my favourite idea but I had to put it in! Heres some boxing basics.

Car Game

I always loved a good car game. I believe when it comes to car games it isn't so much about how it looks like but more how good the game play is like. I would like to crate a car game that you can drive around in a town. Something like Crazy Taxi not so much driving as a taxi man but, as in your in a city with cars that you can collide with and drive freely. 

Cookie Monster Game

This is an odd game idea that came through my mind but I think it has potential. This idea mainly came from 2 games I used to play as a kid. Now they were phone games but I think it will work as a PC game. The two games that gave me this inspiration are Paper Toss 3D and Can Knockdown. If you haven't played those games I definitely recommend trying them out. I want the player to try toss cookies in the cookies monsters mouth as the cookie monster is moving around the room.

Thats my 4 game ideas. Thank you for stopping by and I shall see you soon,

Denis.

Comments

  1. Hey Denis. I really like your counter strike aim idea I myself came up with a different idea for counter strike making it more into a strategy game it interesting how ideas are different even though our inspiration is the same. I really like the aim idea and maybe you could put in spray patterns from counter strike to make it into an aim simulator for the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To Someone

 Welcome back! So today I will introduce myself. Talk about things I like doing and things I don't. Well, I'm 20 years young, my nationality is Irish but I have Romanian parent. I never know what to answer when people ask me where I'm from as I have an accent, so I just say "I'm a foreign Irish person". I'm a big fan of sports (NOT FOOTBALL). My favourite sports at this moment are boxing, golf, surfing and the gym. I've done boxing for 5 years but stopped as I wanted to gain size and boxing had way too much cardio in it. So I joined the gym and I'm addicted to the gym. I train 6 days a week and my weekly gym plan is Push, Pull, Leg day and repeat. During my Push days I train chest, triceps and shoulders as to train those muscles you do exercises that involve a push motion. For Pull day I train my back, biceps and forearm as those muscles involve a pull motion to train them. And, leg day is just legs (LEAST FAVOURITE DAY IN THE GYM). The rest of the

Game Vision Statement

  SMtraining SMtraining is a shooting game. In this game you train on different targets. There will be a timer for you to find and shoot those targets. SMtraining stands for "Single Mode Training". The genre of this game is FPS (First Person Shooter)/Action. Layout The game will be provided with a menu to start off with. This menu will contain the following, the game logo or name, a "PLAY", "WEAPON", "QUIT" button. The following are the two menu layout options I have so far: If the player presses the "WEAPON" button will bring you to a different page where you can choose between three different type of guns. The gun option will be an AK-47, Shotgun, Pistol. The layout I came up with for this page is very simple and straight to the point.  When the play chooses their gun option it will bring them back to the main menu where then can press "PLAY". When the player presses the play button it will bring them to another page were th

Prototype

 SMtraining Today I finally started creating my game. I have to say, this was way harder than it looks. I have made the basic layout and scale of my map. I found it extremely difficult to figure out the right scale for my game.  I had to play around with different scales constantly to find the right size. Finally, I found the right scale after a few hours of playing around. I have used two different assets to create my walls and floor. The links to the two assets will be found here: Yughues Free Concrete Material High Quality Bricks % Walls I have used the Standard Assests  to create my first person player for my game. I haven't added any guns yet. I will continue with my game next week.  Next week I will be adding in the gun for the player and I will add more items to my map. This is an image of what I done so far. Slowly but surly everything will be done and the game will be fully playable.  Thank you for stopping by.  See you next week,  Denis.