Skip to main content

Feedback Strategies

 Good morning! I hope you all are having a great day.

Today I have read two articles about giving feedback. Here's what I found out!

The first article is called "The Difference Between Praise and Feedback". The reason I chose this article is because the title stood out to me. Reading this article I found a few things about feedback that I didn't know. I learned that saying "Good Job" or phrases along this line are not great ways to give feedback to your child. The better way to do it is by "process praise". Also asking questions and listening to what they have to say make a huge difference in their progress. Doing those things will increase the chance of your child to take on risks and challenges. This is a very interesting article and I suggest you guy's read it.

The second article is called "How to Give Bad Feedback Without Being a Jerk". The reason I chose this article is a mixture between the title and the image used under the title. The title is very unformed which caught my attention and the image is of one of my favourite shows!

This is an original screenshot of the article.

This article focuses on how to give effective feedback without making them "feel attacked". Grant stated that using the "compliment sandwich" technique isn't the most efficient way of giving feedback. The compliment sandwich is basically starting and ending off with a positive comment and saying the negative points in between. This technique is used to easy out the negative comments on others. What Grant talks about is starting your feedback session with sentences such as "I'm giving you these comments because I have very high expectations and I know you can reach them.". This increases their interest and eases out the negative comments in an efficient way. Grant give real life situations using those techniques that helped companies. 

Overall those articles were helpful in understanding ways to give more efficient feedback. I hope you guys learned a thing or two from my reading!

Thank you for listening and, as always I will see you soon,

Denis.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To Someone

 Welcome back! So today I will introduce myself. Talk about things I like doing and things I don't. Well, I'm 20 years young, my nationality is Irish but I have Romanian parent. I never know what to answer when people ask me where I'm from as I have an accent, so I just say "I'm a foreign Irish person". I'm a big fan of sports (NOT FOOTBALL). My favourite sports at this moment are boxing, golf, surfing and the gym. I've done boxing for 5 years but stopped as I wanted to gain size and boxing had way too much cardio in it. So I joined the gym and I'm addicted to the gym. I train 6 days a week and my weekly gym plan is Push, Pull, Leg day and repeat. During my Push days I train chest, triceps and shoulders as to train those muscles you do exercises that involve a push motion. For Pull day I train my back, biceps and forearm as those muscles involve a pull motion to train them. And, leg day is just legs (LEAST FAVOURITE DAY IN THE GYM). The rest of the

Game Vision Statement

  SMtraining SMtraining is a shooting game. In this game you train on different targets. There will be a timer for you to find and shoot those targets. SMtraining stands for "Single Mode Training". The genre of this game is FPS (First Person Shooter)/Action. Layout The game will be provided with a menu to start off with. This menu will contain the following, the game logo or name, a "PLAY", "WEAPON", "QUIT" button. The following are the two menu layout options I have so far: If the player presses the "WEAPON" button will bring you to a different page where you can choose between three different type of guns. The gun option will be an AK-47, Shotgun, Pistol. The layout I came up with for this page is very simple and straight to the point.  When the play chooses their gun option it will bring them back to the main menu where then can press "PLAY". When the player presses the play button it will bring them to another page were th

Prototype

 SMtraining Today I finally started creating my game. I have to say, this was way harder than it looks. I have made the basic layout and scale of my map. I found it extremely difficult to figure out the right scale for my game.  I had to play around with different scales constantly to find the right size. Finally, I found the right scale after a few hours of playing around. I have used two different assets to create my walls and floor. The links to the two assets will be found here: Yughues Free Concrete Material High Quality Bricks % Walls I have used the Standard Assests  to create my first person player for my game. I haven't added any guns yet. I will continue with my game next week.  Next week I will be adding in the gun for the player and I will add more items to my map. This is an image of what I done so far. Slowly but surly everything will be done and the game will be fully playable.  Thank you for stopping by.  See you next week,  Denis.